The Northern Virginia Technology Council and the Consumer Technology Association are pleased to announce a new leadership event series, Masters of Leadership, that will showcase innovative management strategies and bold leadership principles from some of the most prominent public figures and business leaders in our country.
Corie Barry, CEO of Best Buy will join Gary Shapiro, NVTC's board member and Consumer Technology Association's CEO, in the next installment of our Masters of Leadership.
Barry recently celebrated her first anniversary as CEO of Best Buy, the leading provider of consumer technology products and services, with approximately 125,000 employees in North America and nearly $44 billion in annual revenue.
As one of a handful of women leading Fortune 500 companies, Barry is also one of the youngest. Barry says that she believes this is one of the toughest times in our country's history, as the pandemic and resulting economic havoc combine with the raging confrontation over long-term effects of racial injustice.
We encourage you to join the webinar and learn more about:
- The toughest decision she has made as CEO;
- How she lead the launch of Best Buy's curbside model in an unprecedented 48 hours;
- The four inclusive behaviors that Best Buy has developed and how she is weaving them
into her day-to-day leadership;
- Her mantra for success;
- Her tips for leading in a male dominated field;
- Barry's desire to make herself uncomfortable to encourage growth; and
- What she believes is Best Buy's role in society moving forward in the New Normal."