India has been dominating the global outsourcing market due to its workforce efficiency, language proficiency, competitive cost and strategic time zone. Leading global organisations, start-ups and SMEs have been partnering with India by way of investment and business expansion. Due to this landscape, India is a vital trading partner to advanced economies, amongst others, United States (US), United Kingdom (UK) and European Economic Area (EEA). Throughout 2020, India has delayed to pass the Personal Data Protection (PDP) Bill 2019 partly due to COVID-19 landscape.
As part of our tailored initiative to disseminate lessons learnt on PDP Bill, this webinar will focus on:
• Key updates on India PDP Bill – why it matters to the US/UK/EEA?
• Global data transfer (US-India-UK-EEA) and impact on India data localisation requirements
• Globalising & contextualising data inventory for India
• Cybersecurity and data privacy governance model for India
• Top 3 predictions in 2021
- Salman Waris - Managing Partner, Head of TMT & IP, TechLegis, New Delhi
- David Manek - Senior Managing Director, Data Privacy and Data Protection Expert, Ankura
- Ankur Sheth - Senior Managing Director, Cybersecurity Leader & Proactive Services Expert, Ankura
- Noriswadi Ismail - Managing Director, Data Privacy Expert, Ankura
- Amber Gosney - Senior Director, Data Privacy Expert, Ankura
- Tomi Taggart - Managing Director, Legal Technology Expert, Ankura