Reports on the impacts of human actions on the environment are mostly negative, and the views we hold of a future are dominated by severe biodiversity loss, deteriorating environments and an increasingly hotter planet. Such negative visions can become self-fulfilling prophecies - we need positive visions and examples of solutions to take action and create the future we want for biodiversity and our planet. The Seeds of the Anthropocene Project aims to support the development of visions and stories that inspire transformation, and the Nature Futures Framework supports the creation of positive future visions, highlighting possible leverage points and pathways to sustainability.
In this event, panelists will have a conversation on how we can change the narrative and imagine a world where the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity are at the centre, and where the well-being of generations to come is ensured.
- Mr. Christian Schwarzer, Global Youth Biodiversity Network
- Mr. Philipp Blom, Author, Historian, Philosopher
- Dr. Laura Pereira, Stockholm Resilience Centre
- Prof. Kasper Kok, Wageningen University
- Ms. Swetha Stotra Bhashyam, Global Youth Biodiversity Network