The Heart Failure Clinic at Northern Hospital, Victoria, invites General Practitioners and Allied Health Professionals to attend this series of 3 live, online and interactive meetings.
Simply register below for access to any of these upcoming meetings.
August 4: Heart Failure: Hypertension and Hypotension (details below).
August 25: Heart Failure and Multifactorial Shortness of Breath: The role of plasma peptide testing.
September 15: An approach to Syncope, Arrhythmias and Heart Failure
Heart Failure: Hypertension and Hypotension is presented by Prof William Van Gaal, A/Prof Vaddadi and Dr Om Narayan. Activity ID 211877.
The activity will provide guidance to general practitioners for the treatment of primary hypertension as well as treating heart failure patients faced with the challenges of hypertension and hypotension.
The treatment for hypertension and heart failure concurrently often means changing standard treatment for hypertension to allow for the use of heart failure medical therapy, with some standard medications for hypertension being contraindicated in HFrEF. Using case studies, this activity will discuss the medical treatment for hypertension dependant on the concurrent disease states such as heart failure.
1. Describe the importance of managing hypotension in HF secondary to medical therapy;
2. Apply knowledge to direct patient care of patients with hypotension in HFrEF secondary to medical therapy to improve mortality;
3. Describe how to initiate medical therapy for the treatment of hypertension;
4. Confidently define and understand the meaning of resistant hypertension;
5. Implement a tailored therapy in hypertension for specific comorbidities.
Praxhub is a CPD education provider under the RACGP CPD Program.
GPs are invited to direct any pre-meeting questions to Fiona Miller, HF Liaison Nurse, Northern Health (email@example.com).
Sponsored by Novartis; no input on topics or content has been provided by the sponsor.
Aug 4, 2020 07:00 PM
Time shows in
Aug 25, 2020 07:00 PM
Sep 15, 2020 07:00 PM