Recently, there have been waves of data theft, data loss, and ransomware that regularly attack publicly open and exposed databases.
A major document database, our most memorable experience came in 2015 from a user who didn’t set up security properly. He asked us to investigate a support ticket, and we were surprised how easy it was to gain access to his database without any checks or roadblocks.
Before he was able to follow up with the ticket, we told him that we were already inside his database with full access.
For RavenDB, a lot of thought and effort has gone into database security. We make sure that there is no such thing as being able to “set and forget” security on your developer workspace, only to advance your project to production on the public internet without adjusting your security to compensate.
A lot of massive data breeches have occurred from this one overlooked issue.
The problem with security is that there is a very hard tension between the system that’s secure and the system that’s usable.
In this webinar, RavenDB CEO Oren Eini discusses the most important things to consider when securing your I database, along with the major red flags to stay alert for.
You will see:
• How RavenDB strives to be both secure and usable.
• How to achieve a secure database system without having to pull all your hair out
• Database security practices on the cloud
• Encrypting data at rest, in transit, and keeping them that way while they are backed up
• Maintaining an audit log to detect intrusion into your system