Application Programming Interfaces or APIs have revolutionised the way apps communicate, integrate, and exchange data. But there’s a problem: misconfigured or poorly designed APIs are a serious security risk because of how easily exploitable they are. Your apps could potentially be vulnerable to arbitrary remote code execution and a host of other vulnerabilities.
In 'Fixing Your API Security Mistakes: What You Need to Know', Sudarshan Narayanan will take you through some of the common problems with APIs, how they can be exploited, and mitigation strategies every developer should remember before deploying their APIs.
What we’re looking at:
- What are APIs? How have they evolved in the past decade?
- API Security 101 - Everything that could go wrong with your API integrity
- Top 3 flaws found and reported in the open
- 3 most critical mistakes developers make when while developing APIs
- How to test for common issues and remediate them
What are the takeaways from this webinar
- How can product teams learn to secure their APIs
- Tools / Techniques that they can use as part of their secure SDLC.
- Frameworks/resources to understand and implement API security.
Who this is webinar for:
- Security Analysts
- AppSec Engineers
- Product Managers