What happens when an ultra-rare piece of digital art gets auctioned by Christie’s to a crypto whale? The world creates the third most valuable living artist in terms of auction price at USD 69 million. That acclaimed piece of digital art is Beeple’s Everydays: The first 5000 days.
According to the Cointelegraph, the market for non-fungible tokens (NFTs) was worth an eye-watering USD 338 million in 2020. In Q1 2021 alone, over USD 2 billion was spent transacting NFTs.
NFTs are typically digital collectibles that are unique (i.e. non-fungible) and tracked on a blockchain. They include digital art, music, videos, and even real estate (manifested in a digital world called the ‘Metaverse’). Notable NFTs include CryptoKitties, CryptoPunks, NBA Top Shot, @Muratpak, and Beeple. The wave has just begun, but are NFTs investments or hype? Would the next wave of crypto millionaires originate from this space?
Join us on 30 July 2021 (Fri) at 5-6 pm (GMT+8) to hear from our panel of experts representing different perspectives in the NFT space.
1. Kevin Lim (Ph.D.) - Deputy Director, Co:Lab X - An Innovation Lab, National Gallery Singapore
2. Sandra Helou - NFT & Metaverse Futurist, Zilliqa
3. Hafiiz Karim - Art Director and Artist, @TheNextMostFamousArtist
4. Shengen Lim - Contemporary Artist and Founder, Cult Tech
5. Jan Larsen - American Neo-Pop artist, JLA Studios
It will be moderated by Alexander Lee, Customer Experience Manager at ADDX.
Through this panel, we will cover:
1. Are NFTs just a fad or here to stay?
2. What are the hidden dangers of digital art?
3. How can you get started on your NFT journey?
4. How could NFT change the art and creative industries?
5. What is needed for NFT technology to be adopted by society?