The Melbourne Private Hospital invites General Practitioners to attend this live, online and interactive meeting presented by Dr William Wilson and chaired by Dr Matthew Brooks.
Activity ID 208320.
This cardiology update has been developed with a GP focus in order to expand the understanding of diagnostic and management strategies for patients presenting with signs and symptoms of dyslipidaemia. Specialist cardiologists from Melbourne Private Hospital will review and examine evidence, patient case studies and the available diagnostic and the treatment options available to General Practitioners.
Through this activity, GP's will be able to:
1. Assess modifiable and non-modifiable cardiovascular risk factors;
2. Develop updated counselling skills on lifestyle modification and on current therapeutic modalities for dyslipidaemia;
3. Discuss the role of cardiovascular risk assessment and factors that must be considered prior to commencing lipid-modifying therapy;
4. Recognise side effects associated with statins and implement a framework for identifying and managing these symptoms;
5. Implement strategies to improve the management of patients who have been prescribed lipid-modifying therapy, including referral for diet and exercise modification where appropriate, involvement of practice nurses in lifestyle counselling and periodic review of safe use of medications.
Healthscope is a CPD education provider under the RACGP CPD Program.
GPs are invited to direct any pre-meeting questions for Dr Wilson and Dr Brooks to Cathie Bulfin, Healthscope BDM (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you do not wish to receive further clinical updates, or invitations to educational seminars, from the facilitators, please email email@example.com prior to the activity.