The impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic have left few sectors unscathed. In our efforts to limit the spread of the virus, we have now entered into lockdown part two. Many businesses sectors are due to stop or significantly reduce trading once again, office roles continue to be largely being carried out from home and travel both in the UK and overseas has vastly decreased. While the full impact on economy is still unknown, the economic impact on many businesses and sectors will be significant. Furthermore, the future of some of the schemes intended to support struggling businesses is currently unknown.
To ensure you are up to speed with the support available for businesses, please join us next week. The team will share insights and strategies to support your thinking and objectives over the coming months.
• Marie Pugh, Partner, Banking and Finance, will discuss access to funds, refinancing and managing relationships with your incumbent lenders.
• Natalie Saunders, our Director of HR Consulting, will talk about the extended Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, the delayed Job Support Scheme and considerations for organisations planning ahead for their eventual withdrawal.
• Sophie Morley, Partner, Real Estate Litigation, will discuss the workable solutions for tenants and landlords and the implications for businesses when the moratorium is lifted. She will also discuss what to consider legally when looking at future space requirements.
• Matthew Hattersley, Partner, Commercial, will discuss the importance of having enforceable ROT clauses in agreements and the features that can improve the likelihood of recovering your unpaid goods from an insolvent customer.
• Alice Pratt, Partner, Business Restructuring and Insolvency, will provide insight as to what she is currently seeing in the market, the actions companies can take when facing financial distress and what opportunities it may present to those well placed to weather the storm.