In follow up to the recent interactive dialogue on children in armed conflict with the Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Children and Armed Conflict (SRSG-CAAC) during the 46th regular Session of the Human Rights Council, Fight for Humanity and Independent Diplomat are organizing an online event with the participation of the SRSG, and sponsored by Belgium, the United Kingdom and the Principality of Liechtenstein to discuss the promotion of children’s rights in conflict settings, from the first-hand perspectives of actors that are working on the prevention and ending of recruitment and use of children, notably in Mali and Sudan. In this debate the participants will reflect upon the progress, challenges, and way forward to end recruitment and use of children in armed conflict to strengthen children’s rights and protection in situations of armed conflict and peacebuilding.
• Ms Virginia Gamba, UN Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Children and Armed Conflict
• Mr Attaye Ag Mohamed, Head of Legal Affairs and Human Rights, Member of the Comité de Suivi de l’Accord, Coordination of Azawad Movements (CMA), Mali
• Dr Mohamed Salih Mohamed Yassin, SPLM representative to the High Committee of the Joint Peace Agreement, Sudan
• Ms Anki Sjoeberg, Co-Director, Fight for Humanity
• Mr Guillaume Charron, Director, Independent Diplomat Geneva