Prince of Wales Private Hospital invites General Practitioners to attend this live, online and interactive meeting presented by Dr Juman Farjo, Dr Nicole Stamatopoulos and facilitated by Dr Michela Sorensen.
Activity ID 287794
The traditional Pap Smear had been the ‘Gold Standard’ in medical screening tests for more than 40 years. The Cervical Screening Test replaced the Pap Smear almost three years ago now. This interactive session will address what we have learned in the last three years that GP's should be aware of.
1. Identify the advantages and disadvantages of the new cervical screening system
2. Assess when a colposcopy is not urgent and develop a comprehensive management plan
3. Explain the goals of the Heavy Menstrual Bleeding Clinical Care Standard (ACSQHC)
4. Identify how to assess women with heavy menstrual bleeding and when to refer for specialist care
5. Explain key components of the treatment options available for patients and use resources to support women with heavy menstrual bleeding make an informed choice about their healthcare options