We will bring together Pascal Lamy, President Emeritus, Jacques Delors Institute, Former Director-General, World Trade Organization (WTO); Lucinda Creighton, CEO, Vulcan Consulting; and EU Trade Expert and Doug Lippoldt, Chief Trade Economist, HSBC for a fire-side chat moderated by John Foley of Reuters News to discuss:
● The economic impact on both the EU and US
● Short term impact on multifaceted supply chains as the pandemic continues
● Supply chain de-risking measures
● Will there be a trend towards domestic champions, if so which industries are most likely effect and will there be opportunity for investment & growth?
● What will be the effects of the drastic measures take in the EU on the single markets
● What can businesses do in response to continuing policy and economic turbulence?
● The impact on flow of services - e.g. in education (Chinese students etc), financial services, tourism etc.
● Will this present opportunities for greater EU/US collaboration to accelerate alternatives to Chinese technologies or will both continents go it alone?
We will also explore the fact that the US and EU have tremendous market scale and maintain elements of shared business culture and openness. Only three other markets globally are of USD5 trillion or greater: China, Japan and CPTPP, and ASEAN. Are there gains to be had from removing specific impediments to trade on the EU-US trade corridor?
● Pascal Lamy, President Emeritus, JACQUES DELORS INSTITUTE, Former Director-General, WORLD TRADE ORGANIZATION (WTO)
● Lucinda Creighton, Chief Executive Officer, VULCAN CONSULTING Ltd.
● Doug Lippoldt, Chief Trade Economist, HSBC
● John Sinclair Foley, U.S. editor, REUTERS BREAKINGVIEWS [Moderator]
This event is for EACC MEMBERS ONLY. Registration Closes June 3.