Join us for presentations and a Q&A on Cardiac arrest prevention in the CICU
Speakers: Dr. David S. Cooper, Dr. Barney Scholefield
Moderators: Dr. Aparna Hoskote, Dr. Angelo Polito
1. Welcome and introductions, Aparna Hoskote (5 min)
2. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst – Understanding the epidemiology and risk factors for cardiac arrest in PICU, Barney Scholefield (20 min)
3. No CPR is Better than Good CPR - Preventing Cardiac Arrest in the Cardiac ICU, David S. Cooper (20 min)
4. Q&A with the faculty, All speakers (15 min)
5. Closing, Aparna Hoskote (5 min)
During this webinar, participants will be given the tools to:
1. Understand the epidemiology and risk factors for cardiac arrest in PICU
2. Describe the key components of situational awareness
3. Understand the essential elements in a cardiac arrest prevention bundle
4. Discuss the role of team communication in situational awareness and cardiac arrest prevention.
A recording of this webinar will be made available to ESPNIC members after the live event on the ESPNIC Education Portal. Please register to receive a link to the recording.