Many men who have had to face the challenge of a prostate cancer diagnosis and/or treatment find that support from others on their journey through this is very helpful.
A new support group is being launched in Tauranga to provide that support, camaraderie and helpful information to men in that region. Two local men, Peter Robieson and Ian Armstrong are taking the lead in getting this group established and will outline their plans in this webinar.
The webinar will kick off the group, and local Urologist Dr Liam Wilson will speak on some of the exciting developments in prostate cancer diagnostics and treatment.
• Why MRI scans are now an integral part of the diagnosis
• Improved techniques with biopsies
• How PSMA scans can better inform treatment decisions
• Why active surveillance is a viable option for many men
• Improvements in radiotherapy treatments
• Overcoming incontinence and erectile dysfunction following treatment
• New drugs available now, and in the near future