Come listen to a discussion with Lauren Chater author of the best-selling historic women's finction 'The Lace Weaver'. We're talking about Individuality versus Family: finding your own voice while preserving tradition, can it be done? Along the way we will talk about:
* Achieving your goals
* Keeping the things that are important to you and discarding the things that aren't.
‘The Lace Weaver’ is set in 1941, Estonia under Stalin’s brutal Red Army. Facing the threat of invasion by Hitler’s encroaching Third Reich, Katarina, fiercely partisan, battles to protect her grandmother’s precious legacy – the weaving of gossamer lace shawls stitched with intricate patterns that tell the stories passed down through generations.
While Katarina struggles to survive the daily oppression, another young woman is suffocating in her prison of privilege in Moscow. Yearning for freedom and to discover her beloved mother’s Baltic heritage, Lydia escapes to Estonia.
Facing the threat of invasion by Hitler’s encroaching Third Reich, Katarina and Lydia and two idealistic young soldiers, insurgents in the battle for their homeland, find themselves in a fight for life, liberty and love.
How to join the discussion:
1. Click the link below to register. This automatically sends me your email address so I can provide you with more information closer to the date.
2. The night before the webinar I will email you a link that will allow you to come and listen to the webinar.
3. On the day of the webinar, at the correct time, click on the link in the email. Follow the prompts to launch zoom. There is no need to install or download zoom. It will launch automatically. You will be able to see and hear the panellists, but they will not be able to see or hear you.
4. Type messages to all participants and ask questions by clicking on the “chat” button at the bottom of the zoom application screen once the webinar begins.
We can’t wait to chat with you. Register now!