Hosted by Máire Treasa Ní Cheallaigh we will discuss the role of Irish Universities in supporting the development of Ireland’s next generation of female athletes at all levels. Guest speaker Anna Geary and a panel of student athletes, sports and academic experts will debate the current status of women in sport and the tangible actions needed to fulfil the potential of each athlete.
Keynote Speaker: Anna Geary, Former Cork Camogie Captain, Performance and Lifestyle Coach and Media Broadcaster.
Student Athlete Panel:
• Mary FitzGerald, Paralympic Athlete in Shotput, Javelin and Discuss and Occupational Therapy Student at University College Cork.
• Kathryn Dane, Irish International Rugby player and PhD student at Trinity College Dublin.
• Sophie Becker, 400m International Athletics Athlete and Genetics and Cell Biology Student at Dublin City University.
High-level panel from across Universities and Sport Ireland
• Ken Robinson, CEO of DCU Sport,
• Nora Stapleton, Women in Sport Lead at Sport Ireland
• Michelle Millar, Dean of Students at NUI Galway