This is the first of a series of three webinars from LLSENDCiC aiming to provide additional support to new-in-post SENCOs. The series will outline key elements of the SENCO role in this unique context.
This webinar, presented by Lynda Kay, will present key information about the four areas of need in the code of practice and will address frequently asked questions from new SENCOs, including:
• What are the areas of need and how do I identify them?
• How do I use the different forms of assessment to support identification of SEN?
• How do I support colleagues with assessment and identification of SEN?
• How do I involve parents and pupils in the assessment and identification process?
• What is involved in an effective school system for identification of SEN?
Other relevant questions can be posed during the webinar for the Q&A section towards the end of the session.
This webinar will run for 90 minutes.