Join us for the next event in our Meet the Pioneers series when we will shine a light on urban community landowners who have acquired green space.
We will hear from:
* Bonnymuir Green Community Trust who own a bowling green in Aberdeen
* Carluke Development Trust who own the site of the historic Carluke High Mill
* Helensburgh Community Woodlands Group who recently purchased a 5.3-acre woodland in the heart of West Helensburgh
These organisations have developed a whole range of uses for their land including community food growing, a community café and accessible amenity green space.
You will get an insight into how each of these organisations developed their plans, how they acquired funding for their projects, the hurdles they faced, how the local community got on board and all the benefits that community ownership of the land have brought to their communities.
Here is the agenda for the event:
11:00 Welcome & setting the scene
* Bill Anderson, Carluke Development Trust
* John Wigglesworth, Bonnymuir Green Community Trust (Aberdeen)
* David Robertson, Helensburgh Community Woodlands Group
12:00 Q&A with the speakers
Please get in touch with any questions at email@example.com.