The session looks at the treatment of operating leases under IFRS 16 and ASC 842.
These standards became effective on 1 January 2019 for calendar-year companies, requiring operating leases to be capitalised on companies’ balance sheets (among other provisions). While these standards were the result of a several-year long joint project between the IASB and the FASB, ultimately both boards could not agree on a fully converged set of standards.
Join our panel of experts as they look at the differences between the new lease standards and the challenges when analysing and comparing companies within the same industry that report under different accounting rules.
• Carla Nunes – MD, Office of Professional Practice, Duff & Phelps, A Kroll Business
• Steve Cooper, Author The Footnotes Analyst
• CK Lau – Managing Director (Asia), Colliers International
• Brian O’Donovan – Partner, KPMG and IFRS Interpretations Committee Member
• Sandy Peters - Senior Head, Global Financial Reporting Policy, CFA Institute