Following the release of its research papers on Family Office and ESG, the FSDC is holding a webinar on these two related topics. Join us via Zoom on 29 July!
Panel Discussion on Family Office: As family offices are growing in both number and influence, financial centres around the globe are striving to improve their attractiveness as a home to these rising asset owners. The FSDC has invited market practitioners to share what they see as Hong Kong’s value proposition as a family office hub in Asia, and what more can be done to create an even more friendly operating environment and ecosystem for family offices.
Panel Discussion on ESG: As companies are pondering on the next step forward in their ESG integration journey, the panel will discuss how different developments in areas – including public policies, investor demand, as well as ESG requirements and principles – can be better transformed into practice, thus forming a more solid ground for why companies and their boards should take ESG seriously.
• Opening remarks by Mr Joseph Chan, Under Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury
• Panel Discussion on Family Office
- Mr Rex Ho, Mainland China and Hong Kong Financial Services Tax Leader, PwC HK
- Mr Ronald Lee, Managing Director, Investment Management Division, Goldman Sachs (Asia) LLC
- Ms Helene Li, CEO & Co-Founder, GoImpact Capital Partners
- Mr Peter Stein, Managing Director, Private Wealth Management Association
- Moderator: Dr Rocky Tung, Head (Policy Research), FSDC
• Panel Discussion on ESG
- Ms Chaoni Huang, Vice President and Secretary General, HKGFA
- Mr Bruno Lee, Regional Head of Retail Wealth Distribution, Manulife Investment
- Mr James Robertson, Head of Asia, Signatory Relations, Principles for Responsible Investment
- Mr Gabriel Wilson-Otto, Head of Stewardship, APAC, BNP Paribas Asset Management
- Mr Pat-nie Woo, Partner, KPMG
- Moderator: Ms Gloria Chan, Senior Manager (Policy Research), FSDC