This topic is best suited for all military service members, veterans and military spouses interested in learning strategies to navigate successful career transitions into SES leadership roles within the Federal Government. There is no cost to attend.
This webinar will help you discover:
1. A further understanding of what the Senior Executive Service (SES) is, and an overview of its key features.
2. The two types of positions and four types appointments available in the SES.
3. The criteria, qualifications and critical leadership skills required from those seeking SES positions.
4. Qualifications Review Boards (QRBs), appeals and the process of securing an appointment as an SES.
5. Advice from a retired SES member (and Executive Coach) regarding ways to assess your fit for the SES.
6. Tips, best practices and lessons learned for navigating the SES appointment process and succeeding in your role once appointed.
Participants of the eMentor Webinar Series have the opportunity to submit their profiles into the Professional Profile Directory (PPD). The Professional Profile Directory features the highly sought-after skills, talents and leadership competencies of current and former military officer women, senior enlisted women and degreed military spouses in career transition. Military men joining this webinar are also welcome to submit their profiles.
This directory will be shared with AcademyWomen and eMentor partners who may be able to facilitate hiring, a group that includes a wide array of top-caliber corporate, nonprofit and government entities. The PPD is an optional resource if you are interested in seeking new career opportunities.