Oil and gas will be needed for decades to come. At the same time, there is increasing pressure coming from investors, consumers, governments and others for a new paradigm of how they are produced.
“Future-fit hydrocarbons” capture the best of both worlds: building on the expertise and assets that characterize the sector today while creating a bridge to a low-carbon future.
Join the Canada West Foundation and Energy Futures Lab for an exploration of future-fit hydrocarbons and the building blocks for success. We’ll explore:
• What constitutes a future-fit hydrocarbon industry.
• How might “future fitness” influence eligibility for financing from capital markets.
• What building blocks Alberta can leverage for future success.
• How Canada’s oil and gas sector can “win” in the energy transition.
• How government policy can be used to help a future-fit hydrocarbon industry succeed.