There’s Still Time to Make a Difference
How California Businesses Can Support a Safe and Secure Election
• October 8th, 4:00 to 4:45pm PDT •
The 2020 election will present voters with many challenges: new methods for casting ballots, modified deadlines to register and, unfortunately, disinformation efforts by domestic and foreign forces. The business community can play a critical role in supporting a well-run election and healthy democracy.
Join us on October 8th for a discussion with Lauren Gallant, the Assistant Deputy Secretary of State for California about how your company can encourage voting and civic engagement among your employees and customers. Business for America is pleased to be part of the California Secretary of State’s Democracy at Work program, a non-partisan and non-political effort to galvanize the private sector to educate voters about how to register and vote.
Also, learn about Business for America’s national nonpartisan Operation Vote Safe initiative designed to help election officials and nonprofit get-out-the-vote organizations secure the PPE, supplies, and equipment needed to keep voters safe in California and beyond.
On October 8th, learn how your business can:
• Champion Civic Participation. Join Democracy at Work and use the online toolkit with sample messages for email or social media, posters, and more.
• Promote Early Voting. Encourage your workforce and customers to vote early whether by mail or in-person to make Election Day go smoothly.
• Be a Trusted Messenger. Help combat misinformation about the voting process and how citizens can participate in the election.
• Protect Voters and Poll Workers. Join BFA’s Operation Vote Safe initiative, using an interactive map that identifies needs of election officials across the country.
• Get Best Practices. Get inspired by other companies’ GOTV efforts.
Please join us!