Northern Beaches Private Hospital invites General Practitioners to attend this live, online and interactive meeting.
Activity ID 249609
The first half of the activity will provide an overview of the medical, psychological & social impacts of chronic pain & addiction. Discuss taking a comprehensive pain/addiction history in realistic GP timelines, as well as red flags during patient requests for pharmacological management. Discuss long-term treatment & whether the WHO hierarchy of treatment for chronic pain is relevant for today. Discuss new treatments for opioid-seeking patients with a history of chronic pain, & provide practical tips & referral pathways.
The second half will look at the challenges of treating depression, treatment options & major advantages of using TMS & new protocols such as Theta Burst stimulation.
Through this activity, GP's will be able to:
1. Identify the medical, psychological and social impacts of chronic pain and addiction
2. Take a comprehensive pain/addiction history in realistic GP timelines
3. Identify red flags in patient requests for pharmacological management
4. Interpret new treatments for patients and referral pathways
5. Recognise the treatment options for depression and the advantages of TMS.