Join Glyn Smyth, Chartered Physiotherapist and Chartered Ergonomist, as he talks about understanding and overcoming chronic pain.
Learning Objectives - this presentation will educate delegates to:
1. Understand pain as an output of the brain, produced in response to threat.
2. Differentiate between structural pain and pain as a mind-body symptom.
3. Explain chronic pain to patients in a clear and compassionate manner.
4. Describe the factors which may impact on a patient’s fitness for work.
5. Identify and recommend adjustments to support those with pain in the workplace.
6. Signpost patients to appropriate resources.