This conference, organized in partnership with Brookings Doha Center, will be held virtually on Zoom and will explore how diaspora organizations and groups are pursuing accountability and transitional justice in the MENA region. The panel will explore the various strategies and diverse legal and lobbying tactics being used by diaspora groups in their host countries in order to pursue transitional justice and truth-seeking in Syria, Egypt, Yemen, and Libya. The discussion will also explore South-South cooperation in the diaspora, and how this may be changing the discourses and practices of transitional justice.
- Noha Aboueldahab, Fellow, Brookings Doha Center
- Ibrahim Olabi, Barrister, Guernica 37 International Justice Chambers
- Ahmed Mefreh, Director, Committee for Justice
- Elham Saudi, Director, Lawyers for Justice in Libya
- Sarah Anne Rennick, Deputy Director, Arab Reform Initiative