Deadlines have long since given way to an endless cycle of newsgathering, social media and multimedia production and distribution. How are news managers contending with the non-stop news cycle in a year marked by a global pandemic, Black Lives Matter protests and a contentious election? How is technology facilitating the need to do more without adding staff? And how is all of this affected — or facilitated — over time, by TV’s migration from hardware to software, capex to opex and a migration of some workflows to the cloud?
• Lew Leone, SVP and general manager of Fox Television Stations’ WNYW/WWOR New York
• Bob Ellis, VP and general manager of Graham Media Group’s WJXT / WCWJ Jacksonville, FL
• James Finch, director of news services, Gray Media Group
• Craig Wilson, product evangelist for broadcast & media enterprise at Avid
• Paul Adrian, CEO and co-founder of latakoo.