Announcements at COP26 have refocused attention on to the need for companies to transparently and immediately eliminate deforestation from their supply chains. However, new Aidenvironment research warns palm oil buyers of the risks from non-palm deforestation by companies in the palm oil sector. This begs the question - how credible are corporate deforestation-free palm oil claims?
In this hour-long webinar, our speakers will debate and discuss:
• Why a focus on palm oil has meant that other deforestation risks haven’t had the profile they perhaps should
• The critical challenge of “leakage” in terms of where deforestation risks are in value chains
• Examples of the risks commodity buyers need to look for in non-palm supply chains
Our speakers include:
• Mark Wong, head downstream sustainability, Sime Darby Plantation
• Chris Wiggs, programme director, Aidenvironment
• Ruth Nussbaum, co-founder and director, Proforest
• Matthew Leggett, associate director, sustainable commodities and private sector engagement, Wildlife Conservation Society
This webinar will be moderated by Ian Welsh, publishing director, Innovation Forum
If you can't join live, register anyway and we'll send you the recording afterwards.
This discussion is supported by Aidenvironment.
By signing up for this webinar, you agree to join the Innovation Forum Business Brief mailing list.