Join ConservativeHome and UK in a Changing Europe for a timely discussion on "Global Britain - navigating the post-Brexit world", featuring:
- Liz Truss MP, Secretary of State for International Trade
- Professor Anand Menon, Director of UK in a Changing Europe and Professor of European Politics and Foreign Affairs at King’s College London
- Katy Balls, Deputy Political Editor of The Spectator
- Andy Burwell, Director for International Trade and Investment, CBI
- Paul Goodman, Editor of ConservativeHome (Chairman)
Having left the EU, the UK is embarking on a new period in its political, diplomatic and trading history. Re-establishing an independent trade policy, negotiating new and ambitious trade agreements - including the recent application to join the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) - and navigating a competitive and turbulent world bring distinct opportunities and challenges.
In this free online event, our expert panel will be exploring what ‘Global Britain’ means in practice, how the UK is equipping itself to forge this new path, and what the future might hold for a country adapting to such changed circumstances. This event offers the opportunity not just to benefit from our panelists’ unique perspectives inside government, academia and the media, but also for the live audience to put your questions to them directly.
This event is hosted by ConservativeHome - the UK’s leading independent source of news and analysis on conservative politics - in partnership with UK in a Changing Europe, a research initiative which promotes rigorous, high-quality and independent research into the complex and ever changing relationship between the UK and the EU.