The webinar is scheduled for June 24 at 12.00PM UTC (05.00AM PDT – San Francisco / 08.00AM EDT – New York / 02.00PM CEST – Amsterdam / 05.30PM IST – New Delhi / 09.00PM KST – Seoul). Copy the following link in your browser to view the time in your timezone: https://bit.ly/3uWTqNe
This ISSM-WPATH Webinar will be about Transgender adolescent's health; the role of puberty suppression.
Puberty suppression is one clinical approach for youth that identifies as transgender. Access to puberty suppression is linked to positive mental health and body satisfaction outcomes. However parents, educators and even some health professionals feel unease with this approach.
In this webinar we hope to clarify some of the "whys" and "hows" of puberty suppression.
This webinar is scheduled for 75-90 minutes.
- Opening of the webinar by Prof. Annamaria Giraldi, ISSM President (Denmark) & Prof. Walter Pierre Bouman, WPATH President (UK)
- Welcome and introduction of the program/speakers by the moderator Dr. Eli Coleman (USA)
- Dr. Annelou de Vries (Netherlands): Introduction on transgender care (the role puberty suppression in transgender care)
- Dr. Riittakerttu Kaltiala (Finland): Mental health of transgender adolescents - what is known and not known?
- Prof. Gary Butler (UK): Focusing on the specificities of dealing with endocrine care in trans children; somatic effects of suppression and how it’s influencing physical development
- Q&A Session led by the moderator