Rail is the safest and most sustainable form of powered transport, and should be quick, comfortable, cost effective and reliable, but to many of us it doesn’t seem that way at the moment – Putting aside the current cuts caused by the downturn in passengers from current high Covid infection rates and the linked non-availability of rail staff, services are being taken out of the timetable, resulting in longer waits, journeys that now require a change in the middle and, sometimes an early finish, and the fares system is yet to properly recognise the “new normal” with its shift to hybrid working (Railfuture is unimpressed with the Flexi-season ticket). And rail seems not to being treated fairly on inflation (3.8% on rail fares in March and no fuel duty increase in the Autumn 2021 budget.
- Chair: Christian Wolmar, Railfuture's President
- Steve White, Managing Director, Southeastern
- Suzanne Donnelly, Commercial Director, Great British Railways Transition Team (GBRTT)
- Ian Brown CBE, Railfuture Vice President and Policy Director and previously Managing Director of Transport for London
- Stewart Palmer, Railfuture Vice President and Director and previously Managing Director, South West Trains
Enquiries about the webinar: please email firstname.lastname@example.org.