Please join the Electrification Coalition for a Virginia specific EV Policy Bootcamp to understand the wide ranging benefits of deploying electric vehicles on a mass scale across Virginia, learn where the market and technology are headed and hear how you can play a part in the acceleration! This executive-appropriate webinar is your chance to hear the latest EV information from leading players at the local, state and national levels.
The bootcamp's speakers include:
- Chris Bast, Chief Deputy Director, VA Department of Environmental Quality
- Albert Gore, Policy and Business Development, Tesla
- Thomas Van Heeke, Policy Lead, Mobility and Climate Change, General Motors
- Keith Brandis. Vice President, Partnerships and Strategic Solutions, Volvo Group North America
- Matt Nelson, Director of Government Affairs, Electrify America
- And other great speakers!
The bootcamp is part of the EC’s State Policy Accelerator Program, which is working with five states across the U.S., including Virginia, as well as Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina and Pennsylvania, on a two-year year effort to encourage greater EV adoption across the light-duty, medium-duty and heavy-duty sectors.
Using a “Teach, Train, Transform” model, we will engage participants in a two virtual sessions, before and after a short lunch break:
• EVs in VA: The Road Ahead (10am – 12:45pm ET) will feature experts in national and energy security, emissions impacts and EV manufacturing and deployment and provide an update on Virginia's current goals and actions to enhance transportation electrification.
• EVs in VA: Accelerating Adoption (1:15pm -2:30pm ET) will focus on the policies needed to put the pedal to the metal. We will be joined by agency leaders from other states that have adopted ambitious EV policy efforts in order to hear their lessons and best practices learned and then dive deep into an EC-developed Policy Blueprint for Action to discuss where Virginia goes next.