Alberta Premier Jason Kenney will kick off this exciting conversation with an overview of his government’s plans for renewing and revitalizing the Alberta economy in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic. Premier Kenney will also provide his perspective on the role the energy sector can play in Canada’s economic recovery.
Following the Premier’s remarks, there will be a panel discussion with some of the leading voices in Canada’s energy industry:
• Trevor Haynes, the Chairman and CEO of the Black Diamond Group, a leading provider of modular space and workforce accommodation solutions in Canada, the United States and Australia;
• Tim McMillan, the President and CEO of the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers, the strongest voice for growing Canada’s prosperity by enabling responsible growth of Canada’s upstream oil and natural gas industry; and,
• Sean Surerus, President of Surerus Pipeline Inc., one of Canada’s largest independent pipeline contractors and who through Surerus-Murphy Joint Venture, is building one section of the Trans Mountain Expansion Project and two sections of the Coastal GasLink Pipeline.
The discussion will revolve around 4 general themes:
1. Canada’s Covid-19 response, both Government and the energy sector;
2. The challenges facing Canada’s energy sector pre-Covid-19;
3. The opportunities for the energy sector to play a key role in rebuilding and renewing our economy; and,
4. What it will take to restore confidence in Canada’s energy sector, attract investment and get people working again.