Delivering on commitments toward addressing and dismantling structural racism has been a challenge for many companies. Leaders are grappling with how to break down internal silos, determine critical social issues to address, and effectively engage with community-based organizations. Join Renay Loper, VP Program Innovation, PYXERA Global, in a candid conversation with leaders from 3M including, Garfield Bowen, Director of Social Justice, Strategy & Initiatives and Scott Morris, Strategist for Diversity & Inclusion, along with Dr. Robin Coger, Dean of the College of Engineering, and Dr. Kevin James, Dean of the College of Business and Economics from North Carolina A&T State University as they discuss how 3M is navigating these areas and bringing its racial and social justice commitments to life through partnerships.
The conversation will explore:
· Structural changes at 3M that are leading to a sustained focus and impact in social justice.
· 3M’s Social Justice Fund – elevating the lived experience of diverse employee resource network participants to determine community investments.
· Intentional programming including new partnerships with historically black colleges & universities and leveraging skills-based service.
· What corporate and nonprofit leaders should consider as they measure their impact and progress.
· What corporate leaders driving change from within should consider as they seek to combat injustices in all forms.
This conversation is part of PYXERA Global’s series ‘Rhetoric to Action: Dismantling Structural Racism through Tri-Sector Approaches'. The series aims to inspire the development of informed, intentional, and direct programming that leads to solutions to dismantle structural racism.