SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT AND HOMELESSNESS ON A GLOBAL LEVEL SDG 11: HUMAN SETTLEMENTS, RESILIENT, SAFE AND INCLUSIVE CITIES
Homelessness is a global phenomenon that is highly prevalent in many cities across the world. There has been a number of programmes directed at homelessness in the City of Durban (eThekwini Municipality).
It will be beneficial to share experiences around this global phenomenon and it is for this reason that the CIFAL Durban centre and its partners have chosen to collaborate with UNITAR and the CIFAL York centre to host this Webinar.
The main intention of hosting such a Webinar about Homelessness is to raise awareness about the phenomenon and global challenge of Homelessness within the Sustainable Development Agenda (Agenda 2030) and also to encouarge stakeholders around the globe to take formal steps to deal with such challenges.
At the end of the Webinar, participants will be able to:
- Share experiences and ideas on homelessness during Covid-19;
- Have a definite definition of Homelessness.
- Formalize a policy position, framework, uniform norms, standards and procedures
- Deliberate on uniform support, funding and budget mechanisms
- Determine the kind of social infrastructure needed to support homeless people
- Align the support with human rights
- Establish roles and responsibilities of different stekeholders