2023 brings changes for California employers to a range of topics touching on pay equity and marijuana use, as well as wage and hour compliance. This webinar will review compliance obligations for companies doing business in California, as well as discuss the practical impact of these new laws and best practices for avoiding potential employment-related claims.
Participants in this webinar will learn:
• New pay equity law requiring disclosure of employee pay scales
• Job protections for cannabis use
• Expanded leave entitlements including under the California Family Rights Act
• Changes to the Cal/WARN Act applicable to mass layoffs, relocations, and terminations
• Rulemaking mandate on Heat Illness and Wildfire Smoke Standards
• Fast Food Council to set minimum workplace standards
• Industry-specific mandates on sexual violence and human trafficking
• Notice requirements for using electronic monitoring devices in employee vehicles
• Changes to farmworker labor relations
• Other wage and hour legal developments
This program is valid for 1.00 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.