Buying, selling, transferring a commercial operation is a complicated and multifaceted challenge, no matter how small or large your business is! There are many aspects to consider to avoid the decision becoming frustrating or even legally difficult. What steps can an owner take that will help the business run more efficiently, and make it easier to sell? How does the process of transitioning a business work?
• Understanding your business and corporate structure
• Reviewing and consolidating business assets in preparation for sale
• Understanding, mitigating and dealing with liabilities in preparation for sale
• How good employment practice makes a business transition easier
• What options does an owner have for a transition?
• Overview of the deal process
• Key agreements: MOU, LOI, purchase agreement, non-competition
• Financing options
Disclaimer: The content of this presentation is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.