Speech-Language Pathologist Alyssa Loberti has must-know tips and alternatives to entertain and teach that are better than screentime.
● Is your baby or toddler slow at babbling, pointing, and doing other things babies and toddlers are supposed to do?
● Did you know screen time can be detrimental to your child’s development?
● Do you use screen time as frequent entertainment for your toddler or baby?
● Do you wonder how much screen time is too much?
EXPERTS ARE SEEING SEVERE DEVELOPMENTAL DELAYS IN LANGUAGE AND COGNITIVE BEHAVIOR
Developmental deficits and tech use: there is a connection!
Just like we learned using bumper pads in cribs seemed harmless but is a hazard, we must adjust to research showing that a baby's solo use of a tablet or phone is not safe.
JUST IMAGINE IF YOU COULD
● Know the 3 easy ways for your baby to have a smart brain and to be a "good talker" (for a shot at better jobs [much!] later).
● Keep your little one occupied for hours without handing over a screen.
● Know what NOT to buy your baby even if there are ads for it all over Instagram.
● Make a “YES” play space for during your busy times
● Coax your baby or toddler off YouTube and toward enriching IRL play.
Well, you can if you attend this webinar!
3 Secrets you will learn:
1. You don’t always need to go “cold turkey” with screens
2. You can be your own “specialist” to help your baby or toddler catch up on language learning
3. Your little CAN get through a grocery store without a tablet—and learn a ton in the process!
Alyssa Loberti, M.S. CCC-SLP is a Rhode Island speech-language pathologist who works with very young pre- or minimally-verbal children. In her work, she uses a “total communication, family-centered” approach.
About your host:
Jenifer Joy Madden is a certified digital wellness educator and coach, author and TEDx speaker. Jenifer founded DurableHuman.com and DurableU online parenting classroom.