The online training seminar "Governance, Regulations and Integrated Approaches including Financial Mechanisms" is the second out of three seminars to be conducted under the topic "Addressing the Water-Energy-Food (WEF) Nexus in the context of Climate Change and Sustainable Development" organised by the EU – GCC Clean Energy Technology Network and the Environmental Center for Arab Towns (ECAT), in association with the Middle East Desalination Research Center (MEDRC) and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands -UAE.
This onine training seminar will seek answer to the following questions:
• What are the barriers hampering the adoption of a cross-sectoral perspective for energy management?
• Which public policies (incentives, mechanisms such as taxes or subsidies and, adminis-trative tools) could, and should be promoted in order to remove such barriers?
• What are the economic benefits for stakeholders and companies to adopt a cross-sectoral perspective to ensure energy security in the Arab region/GCC?
• Which issues should be addressed in order to improve energy governance and collabo-ration among stakeholders and between stakeholders and governments, in order to fully tap into the economic growth potentials of the Arab/GCC region?
• What is required Institutionally, Legislatively, Technically, Economically to implement the WEF Nexus in the Arab/GCC?