The Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR)
in collaboration with Democracy Without Borders (DWB)
and the Center for UN Constitutional Research (CUNCR)
invite you to join the Webinar: “Post-Covid-19: Creating A Global Society Through A World Parliament”
• Prof. Tim Murithi, IJR Head of Peacebuilding Interventions Programme
• Prof. Josephine Borghi, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
• Andreas Bummel, DWB Executive Director
• Dr. Shahr-yar Sharei, CUNCR Executive Director
• Moderated by Dr. Dena Freeman, Senior Visiting Fellow,
Department of Anthropology, London School of Economics
Mxolisi Nkosi - Deputy DG - DIRCO
Date: Thursday 28 May 2020, 15h00-16h30 (GMT+2)
The panel will discuss how the Post-Covid-19 world should focus on building a global society, that can address global health pandemics, and other issues, through new democratic and accountable global institutions such as a World Parliament.
About the Speakers: Tim Murithi has over 25 years of experience across Africa, working in the fields of peace, security, transitional justice. Josephine Borghi has 20 years working as a health economist in Latin-America, Nepal, and Tanzania. Andreas Bummel has been advocating for global democracy through a UN Parliamentary Assembly for over 15 years. Shahr-yar Sharei is a legal expert with over 20 years experience and works on the transformation of the UN via a Charter review conference.