After attending this program, participants will be better able to:
• Discuss the role of human milk oligosaccharides and their influence on the infant gut microbiome and the prevention of dysbiosis.
• Discuss non-pharmacological and pharmacological approaches to managing infants exposed to maternal opioid and marijuana use during pregnancy.
• Define stress, its impact on the body and 5 strategies for stress reduction.
• Apply evidence-based strategies to cultivate resiliency in oneself and with teams.
• Discuss the clinical utilization of probiotics in the NICU, including safety concerns and implementation strategies.
• Assess the literature on infant driven feedings and the steps needed to implement the practice in the NICU setting.
RN CE credit: 7
RD CPEU credit: 7