Join us at 3pm on Thursday 21st May for talks and discussion of how research is focusing on the many wider symptoms of epilepsy beyond seizures. This session is aimed for all, so whether you’re living with epilepsy, researching epilepsy or are just interested and would like to learn a bit more then we hope you can join us.
- 3:00pm Introduction and Welcome to ERUK and National Epilepsy Week – Dr James Pickett, Director of Research & Innovation, Epilepsy Research UK
- 3:05pm - ‘More than seizures’ from a personal perspective – Faye Waddams, epilepsy advocate and blogger
- 3:15pm - Understanding the causes of epilepsy towards cures, treatment and prevention – Professor Mike Cousin, University of Edinburgh
- 3:35pm - Improving current care and treatment of mental health for people with epilepsy – Dr Sophie Bennett, University College London
- 3:55pm Dr James Pickett – thanks and close.