Successful modern businesses are built on intellectual assets. However, business owners are frequently deterred from protecting their intellectual property because of the perceived cost of enforcing their rights. By the same token, they are often bullied off the market by competitors asserting rights of dubious merit, because of the costs of defending such actions, and the potential losses they may incur.
Litigation financing can provide confidence that intellectual property rights can be asserted, and the risks associated with infringement of third-party rights can be managed.
During this one-hour webinar, participants will learn:
• How traditional litigation financing exposes participants to avoidable risk;
• What third party litigation financing and after-the-event insurance are, and how they differ;
• Case studies of how litigation funding has been used to manage risk in IP cases;
• How third party funding can transform litigation from a “win-lose” proposition to a “win-don’t lose” proposition;
• How third-party funding can level the playing field for smaller companies seeking to build an IP portfolio;
• How to go about obtaining funding for claims.
Expert speakers from Lambert-Hornby and Exton advisers will lead the session, which will conclude with questions.