The UK Built Environment Advisory Group (UKBEAG) invites you to join a series of events which will provide an opportunity to learn about the work being undertaken in other cities forming part of the FCDO Global Future Cities Programme, exploring lessons learned together with challenges and opportunities, while engaging with one another through an interactive dialogue.
The City-to-City Knowledge Exchange follows on from the Thematic Programme and forms part of the strategic capacity development programme that has been developed by the UKBEAG. The sessions will be facilitated by a range of Subject Matter Experts and will also enable cities to interact with one another. Simultaneous translation will be provided in Indonesian, Portuguese, Thai, Turkish and Vietnamese.
Event No. 3 will be held at 07:00 UCT on Thursday 14 October, during which we will hear from the following cities:
• Bandung, Indonesia: Development of an Integrated Public Transport System in Bandung
• Bangkok, Thailand: Integrated Data Hub for Bangkok Metropolitan Administration
• Bangkok, Thailand: Flood Management Decision Support System
• Bangkok, Thailand: Transit-oriented Development Plan for Khlong Bang Luang Area
Our Subject Matter Experts for this event will be:
• Mr Shahruck Wani, Economist, International Growth Centre
• Mr Oliver Harman, Cities Economist, International Growth Centre
• Mr Nathan Pierce, Head of Smart London Team & Programme Director of Sharing Cities, Smart London
• Mr Roland Chanin-Morris, Specialist in Integrated Planning
• Mr Ryan Sequeira, Mobility Specialist, UN Habitat
Please note that attendance at this event is by invitation only but that a recording of each event will be made available on the Global Future Cities Knowledge Platform.