Section 3 is a labor guideline that impacts any project that receives funds from HUD (United States Department of Housing and Urban Development).
This webinar will go over what Section 3 is, who is impacted, and how it impacts projects you may bid on.
In addition, this webinar will go over the new regulations adopted September 29,2020.
Among the changes:
- Change from new hires to hours
- 25% of hours must be performed by Section 3 qualified individuals, 5% Targeted Area
- Income qualified based on HUD Income guidelines or working for a Section 3 business or a current Youthbuild participant
What is a targeted employee?
- Employed by a Section 3 Business
- Currently, or when hired, is a PHA resident or gets Section 8 assistance
- Resident of a project managed by the PHA
- Youthbuild Participant