In this presentation, Dr. Kisamore will speak to the importance of employment for individuals with autism spectrum disorder and share research involving teaching problem solving for vocational tasks to individuals with autism spectrum disorder whose skill sets necessitate supports and for individuals with autism spectrum disorder who require fewer supports.
After attending this webinar participants will be able to:
1. Speak to the importance of problem-solving during vocational tasks
2. Identify a variety of problem-solving behaviors
3. List the activities involved in a task analysis of problem-solving
4. Give examples of procedures that have been effective for teaching problem solving
5. Participants will be able to construct their own problem-solving training activities