Government agencies, community-based organizations, and research institutions are increasingly recognizing the importance of engaging people with lived experience in the design, implementation, and evaluation of social programs. Join NAWRS for a dialogue between people with lived experience and the agencies they engage with about:
- Experiences of providing feedback to agencies
- Strategies to recruit and solicit feedback from people with lived experience
- Policies about compensation
- Approaches to promoting equity in conversations
- A toolkit for how to start or enhance a community advisory council
- and more!
The speakers of this NAWRS session include people who have engaged with state and federal agencies and research organizations as well as representatives from those agencies and organizations who prioritize the voices of individuals and families with lived experience.
- Chelsey Hall, Colorado Department of Human Services Family Voice Council
- Samantha Fields, Colorado Department of Human Services Family Voice Council
- Melissa Lim Brodowski, ACF Office of Early Childhood Development
- Roger De Leon, ACF Parent Think Tank and Equity Technical Assistance Center
- Bright Sarfo, MEF Associates
- Lisa Schelbe, Florida State University College of Social Work
- Laura Erickson, US Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Human Services Policy