Sharing what we know, what we are learning, and where we are going in serving survivors of human trafficking.
This year’s symposium shares best practices and approaches from those who have worked in human trafficking for the past 15 years. Sessions are especially geared for those new to the field, perhaps encountering commercially exploited children, teens and young adults for the first time. Sessions will incorporate the latest knowledge in this evolving arena, making them relevant for experienced practitioners as well, particularly in child-serving organizations.
Sign up to attend one or all sessions.
SESSION 1: 10:15 AM – 11:15 AM
Words Matter: Language Considerations in Human Trafficking
- Bradel Canfield, Program Manager, Kristi House Project GOLD
- Theresa Kennedy, Chief Operating Officer, Kristi House
SESSION 2: 11:20 AM – 1:00 PM
Trauma and Practice: Working with Youth Affected by Trafficking
- Maria Clara Harrington, CHANCE Program Training and Outreach Coordinator, Citrus Health Network
- Ricardo Rubiales, LCSW, Associate Director, Kristi House Project GOLD
SESSION 3: 1:05 PM – 2:05 PM
GRACE Court: Miami’s Dedication to Human Trafficking Justice
- Yinay Ruiz, Behavioral Health Coordinator, Citrus Health Care Network
- Natalie L. Freitas, Esq. Senior Guardian ad Litem Attorney, Florida Guardian ad Litem Office
Q&A, WRAP UP: 2:10 PM – 2:30 PM, Facilitated by: Deborah Billings
No cost to attend but registration required.