This 4.5-hour workshop, for Europe Region UNEP Major Groups stakeholders, will inform participants about the resumed session of UNEA, UNEA 5.2, to be held 28 Feb to 2 Mar 2022 in Nairobi. It will include matters pertaining to UNEP@50, Stockholhm+50, and Towards Resolution 73/333, “Strengthening Environmental Governance and Law”.
It will start promptly from 6:30 AM to 11:00 AM EST (New York)/12:30 PM to 5:00 PM CET (Brussels). Please join shortly before it begins.
The webinar will take Stakeholders through the following topics:
• Understanding the United Nations Environment Assembly & the United Nations Environment Programme.
• Advice for newcomers on how to engage within the diplomatic sphere of inter-governmental decision-making in the UN.
• Guidance on the effective use of virtual platforms while attending online meetings.
• UNEP’s Medium-Term Strategy and Programme of Works.
• Updates on UN General Assembly resolution 73/333 “Strengthening Environmental Governance and Law.”
• Pending resolutions and preparation for UNEA 5.2, including Marine Plastic Litter and Microplastics.
• Progress on the UNEP@50 & Stockholm+50 processes.
In advance of the new webinars, we recommend that attendees view 7 pre-recorded background modules if they did not attend the 2020 capacity building seminars ‘How to Engage with UNEP and UNEA.’ The pre-recorded modules will be found at https://tinyurl.com/8ekuk9u8 from 25 Oct. 21.
Organized by Stakeholder Forum for a Sustainable Future on assignment from the Civil Society Unit of UNEP, the webinar will be presented by Jan-Gustav Strandenaes, Senior Advisor on Governance, Stakeholder Forum, and Felix Dodds, Adjunct Professor in Environmental Sciences & Engineering, and Senior Fellow at the Global Research Institute, University of North Carolina, USA.
The host and moderator will be Charles Nouhan, Stakeholder Forum Chairman and its Representative to the United Nations in New York.