I love the Médoc, which is the prime area of the Left Bank of Bordeaux. These wines are beautiful, complex, and quite different from one another, even though they are adjacent and use similar grapes.
I couldn’t be more excited that the Vins du Médoc have generously sponsored TWO classes for all Normal Wine People! In the first session I will teach about the general Médoc appellation, and then we will cover the Haut-Médoc AOC, and the communal appellations of Saint-Estèphe, and Pauillac. We will taste through examples of the wines that I discuss. The second session (will be posted right after this but you can mark your calendar for October 28, at 8 PM Eastern/5 PM Pacific) will include the communes of Saint-Julien, Moulis, Listrac, and Margaux.
By registering here, you will receive a FREE handout for the class from me in advance of the class and you will receive a link to the Webinar.
These are the wines I will be going through (in the order we'll learn about them!). I encourage you to grab at least a bottle or two to taste along! I got mine on wine.com, which is having an October promo!
• Médoc: 2015 Château Castera
• Haut-Médoc: 2015 Château Lanessan
• Saint-Estèphe: 2014 Château Meyney La Chapelle de Meyney
• Pauillac: 2018 Château Bellegrave
And for class two:
• Saint-Julien: 2019 Château Lalande
• Moulis: 2018 L'heritage De Chasse Spleen Moulis (2nd Wine Of Chasse Spleen)
• Listrac: 2015 Chateau Forcas-Borie
• Margaux: 2018 Château La Tour de Mons
Get ready for a thorough look at the Médoc that will give you the confidence to buy, try, and pair these wines with confidence!